Sunday, June 7, 2009

Anniversary Pages for pagemaps contest

This LO is for the Love Me Some New BasicGrey contest over at PageMaps that ends tonight. As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew exactly what I wanted to scrap: our anniversary. The various elements of the sketch just said "Art Deco" to me. PERFECT, because both the restaurant and Theater we patronized that evening are throwbacks to the Twenties. (Dinner was wonderful, BTW, and so was the movie. Check out links at the end of the post.) Oh ok - maybe the Fleur is more colorful than this page, but the silver letters naming movies above each theater is what I was thinking of when I saw this sketch.

I had quite a bit of trouble finding just the right pattern for the bottom edge of the layout - all the patterns I had either obliterated the Art deco feel or provided too much competition for the other black elements. While the darker blue was just about right, it needed something else. The Basic Grey rub-ons leftover from my (ahem, yet unfinished) Hawaii album were just perfect!

Products used were: Bazzill Cardstock; Basic Grey white rub-ons; Silver Cardstock (from); MM 5th Ave journal pages and acrylic accents, Black Tie Transparency; AC Thickers Poolside (perfect font I might add); Wordsworth Foundation Sticker alpha, filled in with a black Zig photo signature pen; unknown bronze/brown ribbon from my stash. Oh and little paperclip from ? on the journal page holding the two movie tickets in hiding!

Fleur Cinema: It's small, comfy, and they serve wine and lattes as well as delectable carrot cake, cheesecake and brownies. What more could you ask for? Oh yeah - a great selection of movies too!
Chicago Speakeasy: Classy, yummy. Prime Rib, Steak de Burgo ~ mmmmm. The kids spaghetti dishes include salad bar and are WAY better than a certain local specialty pasta place too, price included. Oh, and they serve Templeton Rye Manhattans...

No comments: