Sunday, November 23, 2008

Wedding in New York

I'll start with the reason for the trip, this gorgeous couple, Rich's nephew David and his beautiful bride Meghan (she's even nicer than she is gorgeous, they are a perfect match). Photos were taken at a park with both the Brooklyn and Mahattan Bridges in the background. It had been raining hard earlier in the day (it's good luck you know) but thankfully stopped so they could have the photos they wanted.At the rehearsal dinner Meghan presented the girls with these beautiful sweaters. No one wanted to take them off! Don't they look sweet?Here's Ms. Mira, happily twirling in her dress and her sweater. She was confused about the wedding at first, not remembering Meghan and thinking she was going to see her teacher who is also Miss Meghan. However, after watching our Meghan all evening and receiving the sweater at the rehearsal dinner, she drew a picture in her 'field journal' of 'The New Miss-Meghan Girl' and getting her sweater!

I know some of you have been waiting to see the dresses, well, here they are. I am SO happy how they turned out. The girls loved them. All the kids took a liking to each other at the rehearsal dinner, were thrilled to find out our rooms at the hotel were just across the hall, and played at the pool together the morning of the wedding. By the time this photo was taken they were quite good friends.

Finally, us. Rich & Natasha thinks it looks like we are standing in front of a green screen, because it was so grey out while the girls dresses reflected so much light. I assure you that is the real Brooklyn Bridge behind us! I'm sure the photographers' photo will turn out much better. I really wish I had left my hair down as I look so much younger without the white streaks showing on the sides, sigh, but it was fun to have it done by someone else!Isn't that man next to me handsome? Those girls are pretty darling too.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Dude. I can't believe how big Mira is getting! I always still think of her as a baby, lol! Those dresses and sweaters are gorgeous! Sounds like you had a great time...glad to hear it!