Saturday, March 7, 2009

Valentines




























Just a few of the sweets I made for my family. The heart 'jail' at the top and canvases below original to Wilna, from the Valentines Class I took - with a few twists and my own papers. She has the most creative ideas. She used two large canvases together to make one piece of art which was stunning, however I decided to make a small one for each of the girls. I really wanted to stay away from duplicating the measuring tape she used to be different but when I found I had tiny ones (Amy Butler die cuts for K & Co.) I couldn't resist - they really were perfect for suggesting a measure of love. Wilna used a strip of photos, I wanted to highlight each girl with Ramses (while he was still with us). Loved the papier Mache hearts... those were fun to make, and I had so much fun painting and using alcohol ink to age the paper heart. I had some old hymn sheets (from a SISTV kit) that were perfect to cut up and use for this.

This little Valentine page is 6x6 - based on Kelly Purkeys' Super Sketch Challenge at Two Peas. This little page is going in another Wilna project, a little heart book for Mira. The book is finished, as are 4 6x6 pages. Slowly working on a few more in between babying Ramses.




No comments: