Friday, February 27, 2009

ATC Swap is postal!



Yay! Natasha and Sarah decorated their mini envelopes, and Mira came up with very cool names for her pieces of art. She wasn't interested in naming them while creating, so today while writing her information on the back I held each up in turn and she named them. Names like Firefly, Flower, Blue river, New York -no -that's-not-right -Rain (?!?).

Yes I took photos.
Yes I will post them.
This time I will keep my promise because the girls want to see their cards in the
Kids Artist Trading Card Swap pool at Flikr.
I will do that tonight while we sit by the fire playing and waiting for Battlestar to come on.
I can do that because my lovely friend Karen gave me her outgrown Photoshop Elements 3.0 It's what my little EEE will support and really, just perfect for my needs and I didn't have to search e-bay and simply hope I was purchasing a legal copy. (edited to rephrase). And I no longer have to spend my photo editing time away from my family in the cold windowless basement.
Yes, I am having fun sending her little goodies even though she said she wanted nothing for it except the postage. Of course, I still owe her the postage. Oops. Looks like I'll have to send another package.

Hopefully Ramses will join us by the fire tonight. He's still with us and did so well the beginning of the week I honestly think it was the anti-inflammatory the vet gave him that slowed him down. There were some precautions, limits for older cats and those with heart murmurs. Heart murmur she said? I didn't realize he had a heart murmur. She'd never said that before, even when he was ill last spring. And she is thorough and honest and straightforward. Well, I think between that and the poor shape he was in, it was too much. Then he bounced back beautifully after that ham.

However yesterday I was surprised to go upstairs and find that the grey kitty curled up in his usual spot on the bed was instead Silvara! Apparently Ramses forced open the wooden sliding doors to the cedar closet and for the past two days has made his bed on a pile of blankets in there. A nice dark cave. Alone. And though he came down to cuddle me on the couch last night and (as he prefers) sit right next to my face so he could purr cat-food breath right into my nose... he hasn't eaten a bite today. I hope you don't feel like I'm taking you on a rollercoaster ride, but that's what it feels like to me. I love this cat.

No comments: