Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wild Child and Apple Pie

Had a wonderful day at home with Mira - we baked and baked. and washed dishes, mopped up the floor/lake, and then baked some more! She mashed the bananas and helped mix the banana bread. She helped taste test the banana bread. She helped stir and poke the pie crust dough.

After we picked up her sisters (early out today - YAY!) she helped taste test the TART Granny Smith Apples. Then ran away when I started cutting onions for the French Onion Soup. Oh well.

It was such a good day, I thought I could manage taking all 3 to the Lenten service by myself tonight. By 6 p.m. I realized I was quite mistaken, as she refused to sit & eat, and instead decided it was neccesary to run around the house with a cape/blanket, yelling and singing princess songs. Church? I don't think so. Perhaps a reading will suffice later on tonight.

I think we will have to reinstate the high chair AND safetybelt tomorrow.
Fresh Apple pie anyone?

No comments: